Our fees cover all of the work* required to complete your sale.
*our fee assumes that:
- This is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including, for example, (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction.
- The transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complications arise
- All parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation
- No indemnity policies are required. Additional disbursements may apply if indemnity policies are required
Legal fee* price ranges from £725 – £1300 + VAT for properties up to £1,000,000
Money transfer administration fee £25.00 + VAT per same day payment
Please also see ‘other fees’ below
VAT is charged at 20%
Land registry fees approx. £20.00
Identity check approx. £20.00
Leasehold management pack (leasehold only) Approx. £50 – £400
*Legal fee – This is based on the price you are selling at. Please contact us and we will be able to confirm the amount.
**Disbursements (these do not form part of our legal fees) – These disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
If the property you are selling is a leasehold we will charge a supplemental fee of £225 plus VAT to cover the additional work involved. A leasehold management pack will also be required. This is provided by the management company, we will be able to advise costs once we have contacted them.
If the property you are selling is a Transfer of Part, property not registered with HM Land Registry, leasehold or involves a Management Company, there will be an additional fee of £225.00 plus VAT. If you instruct us to complete less than five working days from the date of exchange, an additional fee of £125.00 plus VAT may apply. Please also see the fee table below:
|Re-Mortgage or Transfer of Equity||£600.00||£120.00||£720.00|
|Transfer of Equity & Re-Mortgage||£600.00||£120.00||£720.00|
|Voluntary First Registration||£500.00||£100.00||£600.00|
If you are referred to us by an introducer e.g. estate agent, financial adviser we may be paying them a referral fee, we will provide you with details of the arrangements and the fee we pay in the client care information that we send you at the start of the transaction.
We anticipate that a transaction of this type will take approximately 12 weeks.
- Taking your instructions and give you initial advice
- Send contract documents to Buyer Solicitors
- Send enquiries to you raised by Buyer Solicitors
- Respond to enquiries raised by Buyer Solicitors
- Send final contract to you for signature
- Agree completion date
- Exchange contracts and notify you that it has happened
- Complete sale
- Send any completion monies to you