Our fees cover the entire conveyancing process* as outlined below in the key stages. This will include dealing with the registration at the Land Registry and dealing with the payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax (Stamp Duty) if the property is in England, or Land Transaction tax (land tax) if the property you wish to buy is in Wales.
*our fee assumes that:
- This is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including, for example, (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction.
- This is the assignment of an existing lease and is not the grant of a new lease
- The transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complications arise
- All parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation
- No indemnity policies are required. Additional disbursements may apply if indemnity policies are required
Legal fee* price ranges from £950-£2500 + VAT for properties up to £1,000,000
(Properties over £1,000,000.00 to £2,000,000.00 prices start from £2500 plus VAT).
Mortgage lender fee (if applicable) £100.00 + VAT
Money transfer administration fee £25.00 + VAT per same day payment
SDLT submission fee £75.00 + VAT
VAT is charged at 20%
Please also see ‘other fees’ below
Land Registry fees range from £20.00 to £1,105.00 depending on the value of the transaction.
Land registry searches* approx. £20.00 plus VAT
AML Identity Checks approximately £10.00 plus VAT per person
Residential Conveyancing search pack is £300.00 plus VAT. This pack includes the local search, Environmental search, water and drainage search, chancel indemnity policy, bankruptcy searches, priority searches and all administration costs in relation to the same.
Stamp Duty Land Tax – Please see below
*Legal fee – This is based on the price you are purchasing at. Please contact us and we will be able to confirm the amount.
**Disbursements (these do not form part of our legal fees) – Land registry fee, land registry searches and residential conveyancing searches – all these disbursements will vary depending on the purchase price. Please contact us to confirm prices. These disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. VAT may apply to some disbursements.
If the property you are purchasing is a leasehold, we will charge a supplemental fee of £400.00 plus VAT to cover the additional work involved.
You should also be aware that ground rent and service charges are likely to apply throughout the ownership of the property.
In addition to this, the management company may also have additional charges, such as:
- Notice of transfer fee approximately £50.00 – £200.00
- Notice of Charge fee approximately £50.00 – £200.00
- Deed of Covenant fee approximately £200.00 – £500.00
- Certificate of Compliance fee approximately £150.00 – £250.00
These fees vary from property to property and can occasionally be significantly more than the ranges given above. We can give you an accurate figure once we have sight of your specific documents.
If it transpires that the property is a listed building, unregistered, shared ownership, tenanted or involves a Management Company, there will be additional fees of £400.00 plus VAT in relation to each issue.
Please also note, if you are purchasing as a company or trust, or we are instructed to deal with a third-party solicitor, additional fees of £400.00 plus VAT will also apply. There will be an additional fee of £500.00 plus VAT if the property you are purchasing is a new build. If the property involves a transfer of part an additional fee of £600.00 plus VAT will be payable.
If you are obtaining a gifted deposit, an additional fee of £150.00 plus VAT will apply. Please note that this fee is increased to £400.00 for international donors. There will also be an additional fee of £50.00 plus VAT if you are purchasing with the assistance of a Lifetime ISA or Help to Buy ISA.
Land Registry Fee – Please note that we will submit the application for your registration online where possible. If we are able to do this, a charge of £50.00 plus VAT will apply.
In addition to the above, if you require a Key Undertaking there will be a fee of £150.00 plus VAT. Please also note that an additional fee of £50.00 plus VAT will apply if you require a printed property report.
Please also see the fee table below:
Fee VAT Total
|Auction Purchase – To Review Pack
|Auction Purchase –To Complete
|Re-Mortgage and/or Transfer of Equity
|Assent or Voluntary First Registration
|Equity Release, Private Loan or Overage Agreement
|Bridging Loan or Adverse Possession Application
|Declaration of Trust/Statutory Declaration
Stamp Duty/Land tax
This depends on the purchase price of your property. You can calculate the amount you will need by using the HMRC’s website, click here, or if the property is located in Wales, by using the Welsh Revenue Authority’s website, click here.
If you are referred to us by an introducer e.g. estate agent, financial adviser we may be paying them a referral fee. We will provide you with details of the arrangements and the fee we pay in the client care information that we send you at the start of the transaction.
How long it will take from your offer being accepted until you can move in to your house will depend on a number of factors. The average process takes around 12 weeks.
It can be quicker or slower, depending on parties in the chain.
The precise stages involved in the purchase of a residential property vary according to the circumstances. However, this is a rough guide:
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice
- Check finances are in place to fund purchase and contact lender’s solicitors if needed
- Receive and advise on contract documents
- Carry out searches
- Obtain further planning documentation if required
- Make any necessary enquiries to seller’s solicitor
- Give you advice on all documents and information received
- Go through conditions of mortgage offer with you
- Send final contract to you for signature
- Agree completion date (date from when you own the property)
- Exchange contracts and notify you that this has happened
- Arrange for all monies needed to be received from lender and you
- Complete purchase
- Deal with payment of Stamp Duty/Land tax
- Deal with application for registration at Land Registry
If you require any further information, please contact the Head of Conveyancing, Shazad Butt.
Our fees do not cover any tax advice. We recommend you speak to an accountant or a tax specialist before conducting any conveyancing work.