Fixed Fee Probate
We can help you through this difficult process by obtaining the Grant of Probate on your behalf and leaving you, following receipt of the Grant of Probate, to undertake the collecting in and distributing of assets.
Fixed fee: £950 + VAT = £1,140
This includes obtaining the grant.
- Probate court fee £155
- £7 Swearing of the oath (per executor)
- Bankruptcy – only land charges department searches – £2 per beneficiary
- £69.50 + VAT Post in The London Gazette – Protects against unexpected claims from unknown creditors
- £88.67 + VAT Post in a Local Newspaper – This also helps to protect against unexpected claims
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
As part of our fixed fee we will:
- Provide you with a dedicated and experienced probate solicitor to work on your matter
- Identify the legally appointed executors or administrators and beneficiaries
- Accurately identify the type of Probate application you will require
- Ask you to obtain the relevant information required to make the application
- Complete the Probate Application and the relevant HMRC forms
- Draft a legal oath for you to swear
- Make the application to the Probate Court on your behalf
- Obtain the Probate and securely send two copies to you
When we are only obtaining the Grant of Probate on your behalf under our fixed fee on average this will take 2 – 3 months.
To see our list of fee earners that can assist you in a probate matter, please click here.