Head of Department - Family Solicitor
Rudlings Solicitors LLP are actively seeking an established Family Solicitor, with more than 8 years PQE, to lead our new department based in our offices in Suffolk and Norfolk
The Firm: Rudlings are a well-established Law firm who have been providing expert advice for over 90 years. All of our teams work closely together, sharing ideas and challenging current thinking – pushing the boundaries to deliver an excellent legal service. Our service is founded on strong and long-lasting relationships with our clients that are built on trust, and our clients return to us as their ‘trusted advisor’ time and time again throughout their lives.
“At Rudlings Solicitors, we do not only strive to do things right but to do the right thing”
As Department Head, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining networks for securing new clients for yourself and the team as well as providing the support structure this requires. In addition, you will be actively encouraged to participate in innovative marketing and business development activities.
The Role: – Reporting into the Partners, you will be expected to provide details of client base and business liaison as well as managing and growing resource levels.
Alongside this, you will be required to manage your own caseload of private family law matters including:
- Divorce, dissolution of civil partnerships and separation.
- Financial and property settlements
- Arrangements for children
- Pre-nuptial and cohabitation agreements
- Other family and matrimonial matters
We welcome applications from qualified lawyers who are driven to deliver superior client service, actively inspire confidence in clients and colleagues at the highest level and are able to develop lasting professional and personal relationships.
The successful candidate must have an excellent knowledge of Family Law and have demonstrable experience of running a successful department.
- Be comfortable leading and mentoring a team
- Recognise and add value to the client base
- Hold the respect and confidence of your colleagues and clients
- Demonstrate a pro-active approach to your work and successful business development
We offer a competitive salary, dependent upon the level of experience and ability.
Other benefits include:
- Hybrid working scheme
- 33 days Annual Leave per annum (including Bank Holidays)
- Additional days Annual Leave for the Christmas / New Year office closure
- A private health insurance benefit scheme
- Critical Illness cover
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme after qualifying period of 3 months in our employment
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Referral incentive scheme for all staff
- Employee discount on legal services
Please send your C.V. to the HR Manager; firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunities: We are an equal opportunities employer, recruiting individuals on their suitability for the role, qualifications, and experience. We welcome applications from all communities and backgrounds.